Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ever thought about what the soundtrack to a movie about your life would be like?

As I was brainstorming ideas for my Scrapalicious DT assignment for the month, I came across some projects based on "The Soundtrack of my Life".

After googling, I found this list on a few blogs where you enter the songs that would represent your life if it were a movie soundtrack I didn't end up using the idea for my assignment but it was a cool concept none the less and I decided to blog about it.

The songs I picked are the first ones that popped into my head that either reminded me of those certain events listed or a song that I thought would fit with that scene in the movie. I've included a bit of an explanation in brackets after each one.

I'm going to tag Cammeron with this one ---I'd also tag my hubby but since he hasn't blogged since he started it, it's not worth the effort :)

If my life was a soundtrack, these are the songs that would play:

Opening Credits: Let's Get it Started - Black Eyed Peas (just bc it's a good "get it going" song)

Waking Up: What Are You Waiting For - Gwen Stephani (I hate getting up in the morning so when I think of waking up, I think of this song)

First Day of School: Stupid Girl - Pink (the lyrics say it all: I don't want to be a stupid girl)

Falling in Love: Can't Get You Out of My Head - Kylie Minogue (when I first started dating DH, this was one of the top songs and every time I heard it I thought about him)

Getting it on: Can't Get Enough of Your Love - Barry White (I mean, who doesn't love Barry White LOL!)

Fight Song: She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals (no idea why I thought of this but I guess I thought I drive DH crazy when we argue)

Breaking Up: Everybody Hurts - REM (self explanatory)

Prom: That's What Friends Are For - Dionne Warwick and Friends (this was the "theme" song of my high school grad and prom)

Life: Shiny Happy People - R.E.M (this song just makes me think of happy. Life is happy)

Mental Breakdown: Mad World - the Donny Darko slow version (this is one of my fav songs at the moment and just made me think of a mad world)\

Driving:On My Own - Hedley (just a great driving song on a Friday afternoon)

Flashback: Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams (DH was born in the summer of 69 so every time I hear this it reminds me of him)

Wedding: Push - Sarah McLaughlin (our "first dance" wedding song)

Birth of Child:Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder (LOVE this song and just popped into my head that it would be perfect for the birth of a child)

Final Battle:The Saints are Coming - Green Day (It's a good battle song isn't it?)

Death Scene:My Immortal - Evanescence (great song for a superhero death scene, right??)

Funeral Song: Angel - Sarah McLaughlin (haunting song and every time I hear it, it reminds me of death)

Closing Credits: Time of your Life - Green Day (when I look back on my life I'd want to think that I had the time of my life

2 comments:

Cammeron said...

Tis finished! :)

Holly A said...

This is such a cool idea, Jen. Coincidently, I'm working on a LO right now that is based on a song. I hope to finish it this weekend.

I had not thought of the soundtrack of life idea though. I'm going to try this one of these days.

It was cool to read your list.