Saturday, June 30, 2007

Childhood Memories with Making Memories






Here's two of the layouts I've done so far with my Scrapalicious DT kit for June/July. This month I was given a MM page kit from the new Funky Vintage line. I received the "Ruby" line (again funny since that's my mom's name!!). The kit contains some papers, some stickers and some epoxy letters. In addition to the MM page kit I was given a 12 x 12 Fancy Pants chipboard sheet.

On the first layout I did a blocked design. I thought this was a good way to combine all the papers without them being too distracting. The papers and epoxy buttons are from the MM page kit and I added a section of the new MM flocked paper. The title is a Creative Imaginations rubon and eyes is cut out of QK Blossom font.
I really LOVE how my second layout turned out. I found this gem of a photo while I was scanning in some slides from my childhood. I had to do a lot of touch up and turn it black and white bc the colours were really distracting (think 70s velvet sofa LOL!). I covered the flower from the chipboard sheet with blue polka dot paper (also MM but not included in the kit) and mounted on a sheet of fuchsia polka dot paper (MM also not in the kit). I painted the "live, laugh, love" cutouts with beige and brown paint and used paper glaze to make them shiny. The papers in the circle and the cut out flowers are all from the kit. MM mini letters for journalling.

3 comments:

Cammeron said...

Great job! I especially love the 2nd one!!

Life Aboard said...

I love both of these and what a great photo you've got there! P.S. Looks like you're a year younger than me???! :)

Holly A said...

These are both beautiful, Jen. The bottom photo in particular is such an incredible find. You made wonderful LOs with both.