Wednesday, August 29, 2007

We have birdlings!


As I was watering my hanging basket one night, I got the living bejesus scared out of me when this screeching animal came flying out of the top. The next morning I noticed that a mourning dove (we think that's what it is) had nested in our basket. We found two eggs in it and this week they hatched into little birdlings (that's what I'm going to call them).

They're a bit freaky looking but it's been cool to see nature in action. Hopefully they'll leave the nest soon so I can finally throw out my pathetic looking hanging pot that has looked half dead for the past two months :)

I'm hoping to get a better photo this weekend since by the time I get home in the evening the sun shines directly in the direction of the basket.

Note to self.....no more hanging baskets out the front.

No comments: