Friday, November 9, 2007

My altered ink pad holder finally done!



Remember back in the summer time when I was so excited to find the mother of all thrift shop finds.....that solid wood cassette tape holder (click link to see the before photo)?

Well, I finally got around to scrapafying it for my room. I painted it white (which was no easy feat LOL!) and then use some Basic Grey papers from the Lily Kate (blue) and Gypsy (green) lines to alter it.


Because I have to insert and remove the ink pads I only added some pretty stuff to the sides. The chipboard swirls are Maya Road that I painted green and then created my own covered chipboard flowers with some Cuttlebug Dies. I also added some periwinkle ribbon to the front to pull it all together.

4 comments:

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corinna said...

This is beautiful! You've inspired me to try and find one of these cassette holders. Love the swirls on the side!

Corinna
www.myscrapbooklife.com

Kathy said...

What a GREAT idea! I just love it when people come up with awesome ways to re-purpose old things.

Holly A said...

This is fantastic!