Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A new Cuttlebug technique!


I learned a new technique using the Cuttlebug embossing folders this week from this blog.

You ink the embossing folder with chalk ink and then run your paper through the CB as you normally would. You end up with the pretty look of a chalked ink background with the embossed plain surface raised up.

This is the first card I made last night using this technique. I used the same colour ink for the stamps and sentiment to give a coherent look to the card. In order to avoid staining, I made sure to wash the ink off the embossing folder right away after embossing.

3 comments:

LIZZEE said...

awesome Jennifer it's beautiful

Holly A said...

What a cool technique. That Cuttlebug is on my Christmas wish list!

~Kennie~ said...

This is gorgeous!!! WOW!