Monday, December 3, 2007

Wood you like to see something cool?



On the weekend I went over to my friend house to make some Christmas tags. She's a rookie at the whole paper craft thing, but happened to have some really cool wood chips with her Christmas wrapping. We tried stamping on them and I really think they look super cool!! Chalk inks worked the best as some of the dye inks did bleed a little.

The chips are from Lee Valley. I'm definitely heading there to see if they still have any.

I made two cards with them. The first Noel card was made using Memory Block papers from my scrap bin, Doodlebug paper frills, Offray ribbon, BG Figgy Pudding stamps, MSE stamp and Unique Pages custom stamp.

On the second card I used the new Gel a Tins Christmas stamps and Figgy pudding paper.

The designs for these cards were lifts of some cards posted by April Hall on Secret Scrapper for her Dec. card challenge.

2 comments:

LIZZEE said...

Cool Jenn love the way they turned out you are super taleneted

Holly A said...

These are so creative, Jen. Love the woodchip idea and the gelatins snowflake stamp. The stamping on the Doodlebug paper frill is great too!