Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Born to Skate layout




Supplies: MM Noteworthy papers and die cuts, felt snowflakes, glitter chipboard alpha (dollarstore), rub ons (7 gypsies), mini alpha EK Success, font "Typewriter"

Journalling reads: When I see this picture of me taken in the 70s at Nathan Phillip's Square in Toronto, it reminds me that I practically grew up on the ice. I started figure skating lessons at the Woodstock Figure Skating Club when I was in the first grade and continued skating well into my teens. There were years of lessons, passing tests (or trying to) and yearly carnivals to fill my after school time. In my late 20s/early 30s, skating became part of my life again when I rediscovered the joy of skating by taking some adult refresher lessons and I even taught preschool ice skating for the city of Mississauga for two years. I just *LOVE* everything about skating. It makes you feel free and like you're floating on air. I love the sounds of my blades on the ice, the smell of the cold and the freedom I feel gliding across a freshly flooded patch of the ice. I was BORN to skate.

2 comments:

LIZZEE said...

Jennifer always amazing

Marci Knecht said...

I love the layout - the noteworthy paper goes perfectly with this, yet I would never have put it together. You have an awesome flair for composition and color. In other words...you rock, sister!