Monday, January 7, 2008

A vintage birthday card


I tried out my newish Tim Holtz crackle paint this weekend on a chipboard star. After the paint dried I rubbed some distressing ink into the cracks and around the edges. To really distress the star I also used some sandpaper on the edges.

I decided to make a vintage birthday card out of the star so I added a rub on and created this card using some papers I picked up in a package at Dollarama. The colours and papers turned out to be absolutely perfect! I finished it off with some buttons and lace.
If you haven't tried the TH paint yet, it is easy to use. I want to pick up a few more colours for my collection.

2 comments:

SuzanneRenee said...

the card is gorgeous! Was the crackle paint easy to use because it came out well. =)

~ Suzanne

Holly A said...

I totally love the soft colours of this card. Beautiful.