Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday's challenge for the SBCH crop!

Today I'm hosting the May challenge over at Scrapbooker's Club House.

Your challenge is to create a Mother's Day card or altered item using the following FIVE embellishments: (one of each): brad, flower, chipboard, heart, paint. The paint can be used ON one of the embellishments if you wish or you can group only TWO of them together (e.g. a chipboard heart).

Here's my inspiration piece. I made a cupcake card that says "You're the sweetest" on the inside. The entire card was hand cut (no template). I used a Starbuck's sleeve for the bottom of the cupcake and hand cut the top of the cupcake out of Chatterbox paper. I ran the paper through the Cuttlebug and used paint all over to accent the edges of the paper and the embossed surface. I used a prima flower as the cherry and added a punch to the center. I added some red and pink Stickles for bling. The chipboard heart was covered in paper and attached with a brad to the bottom. I added some sheer ribbon to finish it off.









5 comments:

Marci Knecht said...

That is soooo cute! I love the corrugated bottom.

LIZZEE said...

I'm so into cupcakes right now.. love it

SmilynStef said...

Love this cupcake ... here's my version:
http://ingeniousinkling.typepad.com/ingenious_inkling/2008/02/baseball-cupcak.html

Heather said...

Fabulous cupcake- I love the textures.

Elizabeth said...

Cute! Nice addition of the stickles. Love the swirls emboss for frosting. Did you see the card I made last month with it? It's here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/785798?cat=500&ppuser=84875

Maybe I should make a new one for the Bake-Off challenge.