Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hot Shotz Cardz contest


As if I haven't been busy enough this month, I've entered into Scrapshotz's Hot Shotz card contest.

Each week there is a challenge posted and members of the board vote on their favourite cards for the week. Each week someone is eliminated. The last card maker standing is the Hot Shot and will be published in Canadian Scrapbooker and receive a prize package.

These are the two cards I did for round 1 and round 2 (thanks to everyone who voted for me by the way!!). I have advanced to round 3 so far!!

My first round card on the left (the brown one) was created for the challenge to use a technique on your card. I used dry embossing, inking, distressing and hand cutting.

My second round card was created for a recipe challenge. I chose from a list of card "recipes" for items you had to use on your creation. For my "recipe" I had to use 3 patterned papers, dimensional tape, embellishments cut out of the paper, metal and rubons. Hopefully more rounds to follow :)

5 comments:

Mélanie Blackburn said...

I love your cards Jen! You are very talented! Good luck for the contest!!!

Michelle said...

Those are great cards Jen! Love the one on the left. Where do you get those pins? Good Luck with the contest....I will go vote sometime. :)

LIZZEE said...

absoutely adorable

Denise said...

Just popping in to tell you how beautiful these cards are. Gorgeous! Good luck with HotShotz.

Holly A said...

These are beautiful cards, Jen! Good luck with the contest.