Sunday, April 6, 2008

Iron Chef contest week 1


I'm participating in the "Iron Chef" contest over at Scrapper's Haven. Basically it works just like the TV version where each week the best scrapbooking "chefs" advance to the next round. This week the secret ingredients are: chalk, glitter and black and white paper.

OK, glitter and black and white paper are no problem but chalk.....talk about a flashback to five years ago LOL!

So the task is to create a layout, a card and an altered project using the ingredients. So far I've finished my card and the altered item.

For the card I used the chalk to create clouds for the background. Then I added some glitter (Stickles) to the clouds and to the ground hills that I made out of black and white paper. I used my newish Hero Arts tree stamps on this card.

For the altered item I created a monogrammed tin that holds a set of monogrammed notecards. I used the chalk for distressing and I added glitter to the embossed portion of the white cardstock.

Now I just have to finish my layout before the deadline (I'll post it later). Wish me luck!!

No comments: