Wednesday, May 14, 2008

She was a War bride


I recently took a distressing ink class with Jen Starr (a certified Ranger instructor) and I learned how to create custom inked background papers. We also customized the papers using Heidi Swapp masks with the distressing inks.

I came out of the class with six different pieces of this custom paper and instead of making a mini album (as was the intent of the class) I wanted to incorporate a piece or two into some projects.

I designed my entire layout around the one sheet of the teal and brown paper and chose my papers and elements to coordinate. I thought that in keeping with the botanical theme of the custom paper my new but unused Technique Tuesday alphabet stamps would work well. I stamped and hand cut them out for the title. To add to the vintage feel of the layout I also added a clock stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms.

Supplies:
Papers: Joann's (it's one of their own lines)
Flowers: Prima
Clock stamp: from the Rummage Bin "Time to Stamp" set from Cornish Heritage farms
Letter stickers: Making Memories
Other: buttons and lace

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous paper you created! Love the layout too.

Holly A said...

Wow, this is stunning, Jen. I love the masking and the stamped title. What a beautiful page.