Thursday, June 5, 2008

A quick and simple card for Dad


With Father's day coming up I was inspired to create this simple card. The papers are My Mind's Eye.

I used the Dots and Circles backgrounder stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms on the plain paper. In order to bring out the colours in the patterned papers I stamped once with dark brown ink and once with pumpkin coloured ink using the fading technique (e.g. partially ink in varying intensities).

I finished off the card with some plain ribbon, buttons and a chipboard sentiment (Colorbok).

2 comments:

gmollenkopf said...

I love your cards. You are an inspiration to myself and my friends. In this post, you stated you used the fading technique. What color paper did you use, and how do you achieve this look? Thanks for your help and all the inspiration as well.
G

Holly A said...

Cool technique Jen. I like the card. It's very masculine, with great patterns and colours for Father's Day.