Thursday, July 3, 2008

A whole lot of heat embossing



I've recently noticed a few cards out there that use kraft paper and white inks and I decided to try my hand at it. Although I'm usually hopeless when it comes to heat embossing, I embossed with white powder onto my kraft cardstock.

This is a rare card that uses NO patterned paper. The background was created using the tiled scallops backgrounder stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. I stamped in Versamark ink first and then heat embossed. I will admit it took two tries LOL!

The flowers and sentiment are also from Cornish Heritage Farms (Kim Hughes Silhouette Blooms) also stamped in Versamark and embossed.

I really like the way this card turned out and I'll definitely be trying more similar cards in the future!

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

That is beautiful!

Erin K said...

This is beautiful! I'm happy to say I have all these supplies, I might have to try my own variation. Very inspiring!

Heidi said...

I have come out of "lurkdom" primarily to let you know that I nominated you for an award ;)....
HERE
but also to say that your cards are amazing girl!!! Love popping in and getting inspired!

Holly A said...

That is completely beautiful, Jen! I love the white and kraft combo. Stunning.