Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's CHF layout challenge time!

Lesley created this sketch for this week's layout challenge at Cornish Heritage Farms.



Here's my interpretation of the sketch. I did take a bit of artistic license with this one and moved the title to the side due to my poor planning LOL! I was actually determined to use my new Daisy Bucket Perfect Harmony papers and as a result I had a lot of playing around to do because I just wasn't feeling the love for these papers.


There is a lot of stamping on this layout. First of all the entire background sheet (with the dots) is stamped. I took a plain sheet of green paper from my stash and created my own custom polka dot background using the Pin Dots Scrapblock. These stamps are AWESOME for customizing and creating your own paper. You can take all those old sheets of plain paper that might not be as appealing anymore and stamp four times with the 6 x 6 Scrapblock. Voila....brand new paper that matches your project!

I also used little word stamps from the Mona Lisa Everyday moments stamp set to create a frame for the photo. I lined up a bunch of them on an acrylic block with grid lines and created the frame. I finished off the layout using some flourish stamps from the Rummage Bin Beautiful set.

Be sure to stop by and check out the layouts by the other CHF designers: Lesley, Julia, Becky, and Kristine.

AND as always we'd love to see your interpretation of the sketch. The thread for this challenge can be found here in the scrapbooking forum.

Supplies:
Stamps: Mona Lisa Moments Everyday Petites by Cornish Heritage Farms (words around photo), Pin Dot Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms (entire background), Rummage Bin Beautiful set by Cornish Heritage Farms (swirls), Kim Hughes Pretty Birds set by Cornish Heritage Farms (bird stamp), Rummage Bin Great Canadian stamp set by Cornish Heritage Farms ("summer" word)
Ink: Versafine Black, Ranger Distressing Ink Peeled paint, Ranger Distressing Ink Shabby Shutters, Purple Versamagic chalk ink
Patterned Paper: Daisy Bucket Perfect Harmony collection, Provocraft (plain background paper)
Accessories: Fancy Pants chipboard letters (inked and then Stickled),Stickles, Making Memories mini letters

1 comment:

tigergirl heather said...

great page! love the pattern paper and shiny letters :) so cute

http://staybeautiful-tigergirl.blogspot.com/