Saturday, September 6, 2008

A masculine motivation card


I just received a few packages of the new Thomas Kinkade papers from Cornish Heritage Farms and WOW! The papers are not only stunning, but they are cardstock weight with a wonderful vintage feel.

This is the first card I made using the Masculine Series pack. In keeping with the theme of the papers, I did a lot of distressing. I used my Cuttlebug on the background paper and sanded off the edges and the raised surface. The white core of these papers is PERFECT for Cuttlebugging! Then I die cut some sea shells (also Cuttlebug) and distressed with ink. I also added a few stickles at the end to add a tinge of shimmer.

Supplies:

Stamps:

Ink:
-Versafine jet black
-Ranger Black Soot distressing ink

Patterned Paper:
-Thomas Kinkade Masculine Series paper by Cornish Heritage Farms (both image and background paper

Tools:
-Distressing kit by Making Memories
-paper piercer by Tonic (Tim Holtz)
-Cuttlebug machine (for embossing and dies)

Accessories:
-brads by Making Memories
-Twill ribbon - unknown
-Sea shell die cuts by Provocraft Cuttlebug
-Stickles
-Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder

Technique:
-dry embossing (Cuttlebug)
-Sanding and distressing (with sandpaper)
-Inking

No comments: