Monday, October 27, 2008

CHF Challenge Chicks Monday---Faux Snow

For this week's CHF challenge, we were challenged to use Faux Snow (Art Institute). Here's a close up of what it looks like. It's pretty cool to work with. You can apply it with regular glue but when I saw it, I instantly thought of snowglobes and that's how my card came into being.



I created my snow globe by creating a shaker box and gluing it behind a round window in my card. I added a few sprinkles of the faux snow into my shaker box as well as gluing a bit underneath my trees and snowman.

To finish off the card I added a small banner by cutting little triangles out of the new Basic Grey Wassail Christmas paper and adding some hemp twine.

Be sure to stop by and check out the projects from the other CHF girls participating this week: Julia, Kristine, Michele, Dawn, Julie and Lesley. We'd also love to see your creations. You can post your design in the CHF gallery and link to the challenge thread in the forums.

Supplies:
Ink: Adirondack black
Cardstock: DCWV, Prism
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Wassail
Tools: Coluzzle circle template
Accessories: Hemp twine, Making Memories tag, Making Memories brad, Art Institute faux snow, Copic markers, Stickles, Prima tape, Foam tape, office transparency
Technique: Shaker box snow globe

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I just love it Jen! darling
love those flags too!

Julia Stainton said...

Gasp! I think this is the cutest shaker card I've ever seen! Darling flags, love the paper and so sweet images!

Tracey said...

Love that card Jen!!!