Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dashing through the snow.....


..... in a one horse open sleigh.....

Here's a festive card I created using the Rummage Bin Primitive Christmas stamp set from Cornish Heritage Farms.

Although the paper I chose was very vintage and distressed, I decided to add some bling and glittered the sleigh and chipboard embellishment. It's very easy to add glitter to your stamped images. First I stamped the sleigh in brown ink and then I used a glue pen to colour in the image. I sprinkled glitter over top and let it dry before tapping off the extra.

I also pulled out the dusty sewing machine and stitched around all the layers in the card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Rummage Bin Primitive Christmas set by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Versafine Sepia
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey (plain distressed), Cosmo Cricket (patterned)
Tools: Sewing machine
Accessories: Martha Stewart red glitter, Chipboard embellishment (Maya Road), Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Red rhinestone Darice
Technique: Glittered stamped image and embellishment, Machine Sewing, Inking

3 comments:

Alicia a.k.a. Crafty Al said...

Jennifer,
I am loving the glitter on this card. Thanks so much for telling us how to do that.
TFS!
Alicia

Regan said...

Great card and thanks for the info on the glittering

Katie's Life said...

Beautiful card Jen!