Well, as you may know, today is World Card Making Day and boy oh boy there is a LOT going on!! I am going to be BUSY today!!
First of all, a reminder that we have some challenges, chat and PRIZES available over at Cornish Heritage Farms. We have three holiday card challenges to keep you busy in the forums and you can also come and chat with us from 2-5 pm EST.
Secondly, Scrapbook and Cards Magazine is celebrating on their blog. They asked me to create a card for this special day and this is what I came up with. If you are not familiar with this fabulous FREE Canadian magazine, they have a special card donation program called “Bring a Smile to a Child”. They collect and distribute birthday cards to children’s hospitals across Canada. So if you have a few extra cards lying around why not send them to this worthy cause? I sent them this card and I hope it brings a smile to a child’s face.
1. Create an A2 standard card base (measuring 5 1/2 x 4 1/4) using card stock of your choice (or premade card base).
2. Take zig-zag edged cardstock and trim to fit inside the card base as shown. Adhere to card base.
3. Trim a piece of patterned paper to fit inside the zig-zag cardstock and adhere.
4. Stamp turtle stamp onto green patterned paper and cut out. Stamp eyes onto white paper and cut out. Glue white eyes onto cut out turtle. Stamp cupcake onto white paper and colour as desired.
5. Using scalloped border punch, punch strip out of red patterned paper same width as background paper.
6. Cut piece of orange paper same width as background paper, and stamp with sentiment in bottom left corner.
7. Emboss white paper with birthday embossing folder and cut to same width as background paper.
8. Adhere orange paper, red scalloped border and embossed cardstock as shown to center of background paper. Adhere turtle and cupcake cut outs to card. Adhere chipboard candles to card. Add bow to candles.
9. Add some shimmer to the card by adding Stickles as desired.
Stamps: Kim Hughes' Baby Love set from Cornish Heritage Farms (turtle), Kim Hughes U R a Hoot set from Cornish Heritage Farms (sentiment and hat), Kim Hughes Baked with Love set from Cornish Heritage Farms (cupcake), Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, Cardstock: DCWV card base, Bazzill Cardstock with an edge, Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Cupcake collection, Tools: Cuttlebug (embossing), Fiskars Threading Water border punch, Accessories: Chipboard, candles Basic Grey Cupcake collection, American Crafts Ribbon, Stickles