Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saturday Evening Post Harvest Card


Here's another sneak peek at one of the three new Saturday Evening Post stamps that is being released next week at Cornish Heritage Farms. This one is called "Fall Harvest" and will be available on October 28th.

For this card first I stamped the image in Staz On ink onto water colour paper and coloured in with my water colour pencils. Then I took my stipple brush and Ranger distressing ink and started to swirl over the entire stamped image. I really love the way this turned out. It turns the entire image very vintage but you still get to see the colouring through it. Just between you and I this is a great way to cover up less than stellar colouring *wink*.

To finish off the card, I did some sewing and added the sign stamp from the Rummage Bin set over top of the Post part of the stamp. It was actually a perfect fit!

Supplies:
Stamps:
Saturday Evening Post Fall Harvest by Cornish Heritage Farms, Rummage Bin All things Fall by Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink: Staz On Timber Brown, Adirondack Espresso, Ranger Vintage Photo distressing ink

Cardstock: Canson Water colour paper

Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Mellow

Tools: Sewing Machine, Stipple Brush, Water colour pencils

Accessories: Autumn Leaves Buttons

1 comment:

Dawn said...

This is very very nice!