Wednesday, November 12, 2008

CHF Layout sketch challenge Wednesday

This week's scrapbook layout sketch at Cornish Heritage Farms was created by the talented Lesley Langdon.

This is my interpretation of the sketch. I created my own background papers using two different Scrapblocks on some of the plain Basic Grey papers from the Urban Prairie collection. I used the Fiery Floral Scrapblock on the white background paper (stamped in light pink ink) and the Pin Dot Scrapblock on the pink background paper (stamped in dark pink ink).


I don't know about you but I often don't think to use all those plain distressed papers that come in my Basic Grey packages. These scrapblocks are an awesome way to maximize the use of your supplies since you can create your own custom papers with just some ink and some creativity!! The possibilities are endless.

I hand cut the butterfly and flourish designs out of the patterned paper and added them to my background. I finished off the layout with LOTS of Stickles and my new obsession.....Bazzill pom pom trim.

We would love to see your interpretation of the sketch. Just upload it to the gallery and come to the scrapbooking forum to link your creation to the challenge thread.

Supplies:
Stamps: Fiery Floral Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms (stamped onto white background paper), Pin Dot Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms (stamped onto pink paper at top), Mona Lisa Moments Big Inspiration by Cornish Heritage Farms (title), Saturday Evening Post Vintage butterflies by Cornish Heritage Farms (available Nov. 14th)
Ink: Adirondack Raspberry, Adirondack Pink Sherbet
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Urban Prairie
Accessories: Forever in Time glitter chipboard alphabets, Pom pom trim by Bazzill, Stickles, Prima flowers, Making memories rhinestone brads, Making memories mini alphabet stickers

3 comments:

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous layout!!!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful, Jennifer! and that pom-pom trim is soooo cute!

Holly A said...

Gorgeous layout, Jen. I love the stamping and the butterflies. I also share your obsession with the pom pom trim!