Friday, November 14, 2008

Saturday Evening Post Vintage Butterfly Release Day


When I received these Saturday Evening Post Vintage Butterfly stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms I could not put them down. I'm usually a hopelessly slow paper crafter but with these stamps I created a TON of projects in one sitting.

I.LOVE.THESE.STAMPS!! There are so many different butterflies on the set as well as many wonderful sentiments. Really you need to run on over and put these in your cart!!

You can check out all the other design team creations with this set in the SEP Butterfly gallery.

Supplies:
Stamps: Saturday Evening Post Butterflies by Cornish Heritage Farms, French Script backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Staz On Jet black, Memories Dye Ink (Stewart Superior), Tsukineko Kaleidacolor Pad - Cappuccino Delight
Cardstock: DCWV black card base, Ranger Glossy cardstock
Tools: Brayer
Technique: Brayered sky, layering of stamps

Instructions:
1. Stamp French Script backgrounder stamp onto glossy cardstock using Staz On ink. Note: I used a fading technique by applying ink darker in the top right corner and fading out over the stamp.
2. Create brayered background using Kaleidacolor pad with darker shade to the left of the cardstock
3. Stamp butterflies in black ink diagonally across center of card. Stamp sentiment in bottom right corner.
4. Heat set to ensure ink is completely dry and attach to card base.

Note: the card is a standard A2 size. I trimmed the glossy cardstock design to 5 x 3 ¾" before adhering to card base .

2 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

They are gorgeous!!!!!! And you have done a great job of selling me! I just when and checked them out and LOVE all the sentiments that go with them!!!!

Awesome....

SuzanneRenee said...

Hi Jennifer! I just wanted to stop by your blog to say hi and say that you make the MOST AMAZING CARDS in the world! You really inspire me!! I hope things are going well with you - miss all my Secret Scrapper girls!