Monday, December 22, 2008

It's a wrap! CHF Challenge Chicks Monday


For today's Cornish Heritage Farms design team challenge, we were asked to do something related to gift wrapping.

I created my own wrapping paper by stamping on a large sheet of newsprint with Adirondack blue ink. Then I created a matching tag to attach to my gift using my label Nestability die and more layered stamping. This is a super environmentally friendly and inexpensive way to create your own customized wrap. I buy my newsprint in large pads from the art store (DeSerres) for less than $2 (approx 30-40 sheets!!).

This is a gift for my mom as she's the only one who will appreciate all the work it took for this package LOL! And I can't tell you what's inside since she reads my blog ;)

Be sure to shop by the other designers blogs for more great gift wrapping ideas: Julia, Kristine, Lesley, Kim, Carole and Becky.

We'd also love to see your wrapping ideas posted to the CHF gallery.

Supplies:
Stamps: Joyeux Noel by Cornish Heritage Farms, Kim Hughes Heart Warmers by Cornish Heritage Farms, Pin Dot Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms, Kim Hughes Scripty words (to and from) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, Blue Sailboat
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:Basic Grey (for brown part of tag)
Tools: Nestabilities die
Accessories: Copic markers, Offray ribbon, Large snowflake ribbon (Michaels)

Oh and also....I needed a few more quick cards to mail out before Christmas so I also whipped up these babies while I had all my supplies out. First I stamped a white card base with the Pin Dot Scrapblock. Then I randomly stamped snowflakes from the Joyeux Noel set before stamping the sentiment in black ink. Finished it off with a cut out of the snowman. I added some stickles to the snowflakes. Three cards in less than 10 minutes!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Kim Hughes Heart Warmers by Cornish Heritage Farms, Pin Dot Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms, Joyeux Noel by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Adirondack Pitch black, Sailboat blue, Denim
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:None (*GASP*)
Accessories: Stickles, Copic markers
Technique: Multi layer stamping

2 comments:

Lesley Langdon said...

Very nice Jen - and I can say I've seen it in real life and it's so CUTE! Merry Christmas. :)

Julia Stainton said...

Gorgeous Jen! Love the card and the package!