Monday, January 19, 2009

Guess what I got last week?!?!


My new Kim Hughes Bear Hugs set!! So be prepared to get sick of it because it is so cute and has knocked the Birds and Bees set off my desk LOL!!

Here's my first creation with the set. My card is Valentine's day inspired so I decided to make my bear super lovey dovey by paper piecing out of some scraps of Basic Grey paper. Most of the Kim Hughes stamps lend themselves well to this technique and that's one of the reasons why they are so fun to play with.

Supplies:

Stamps: Kim Hughes Bear Hugs by Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink: Memories by Stewart Superior

Patterned Paper: Basic Grey

Accessories: K and Co die cut hearts, Prima flowers, MM fabric die, Cuttlebug embossing folders (hearts and Swiss Dots)

Techniques:Sewing, Paper Piecing

3 comments:

Kate's Life said...

I love how you do the paper piecing with these stamps! Beautiful card Jen!

Tracey said...

I love this card Jen!! These stamps are adorable!!

Julia Stainton said...

Ackkk! THis is teh cutest! Love it Jen!