Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Have a look at January’s Stamp of the Month

Cornish Heritage Farm’s January Stamp of the Month (SOTM) is a beautiful freesia stem with a wonderful quote. For the month of January you can purchase this set for only $7.99 (unmounted). The stamps will still be available after this month but the price usually increases.

I found this set to be very versatile. You can either stamp and colour the image or use it as a pattern to stamp on top of patterned paper for a different look.

On the first card I went with a vintage look. I took the stamp and stamped it onto a Prima journalling sheet. To bring out the red in the paper, I stamped one of the flowers in a cranberry ink, cut out and pieced on top of the stamp. For the card base I used the new Paisley pattern scrapblock…..LOVE the look it gives for a background!!


On the second card I used the freesia stamp in a more traditional way. I coloured the image with Copic markers and then applied some stickles for overall shimmer. I’m not 100% sure I’m loving this design but the colours work at least LOL!Be sure to check out some of the designer’s samples on the CHF Be Creative blog and in the SOTM gallery.



Supplies card 1:

Stamps: January Stamp of the Month--Freesia and sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms, Paisley Pattern Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memento Black by Stewart Superior, Adirondack Cranberry

Patterned paper: Prima journal sheet, K and Co. vintage papers

Accessories: Ribbon, lace buttons

Supplies card 2:

Stamps: January SOTM--Freesia by Cornish Heritage Farms, Kim Hughes Silhouette Blooms II (sentiment) by Cornish Heritage Farms

Cardstock: Georgia Pacific

Patterned Paper: Basic Grey

Accessories: Ribbon, buttons, sewing machine, Stickles

1 comment:

ScrapScene said...

Oh Jen, I love that "Happiness" card!