Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hello Honey! 2S4Y card

Well last night I decided to give this week's 2 Sketches 4 You (2S4Y) sketch a whirl and this is what I came up with. I'm sure you've all heard of this challenge blog by now but if you haven't you really should check it out. Each week there are two sketches and lots of wonderful design team interpretations. I've been subscribing to this blog for a while now and just gave it my first go....but certainly not my last :)




This card uses Kim Hughes' Birds and Bees set from Cornish Heritage Farms. This set is just the CUTEST and only costs $9.99 to boot!! You'll be seeing more of these cute little bees in a few days :)



Today's Tip: I have mentioned this before but don't be afraid to cut apart the sentiments that come with stamp sets. For this card I cut apart the "Hello Honey" which come on top of each other in the set. By CAREFULLY cutting between the two I am now able to use them in a line OR put them back together on my block like they originally came.

Supplies:
Stamps: Kim Hughes Birds and Bees by Cornish Heritage Farms, Hexagon Tiles Backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memories Black Dye Ink by Stewart Superior
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Nestabilities scalloped circle
Accessories: Offray Ribbon

28 comments:

Regan said...

this is totally adorable!!!

Tracey said...

This is a fantastic card Jen!! Love those bees and thanks for the tip!!

Kate's Life said...

Super cute Jen! I love how you use multiple pp's together!

Leah said...

This is SO cute! I love the colors and the bee is just adorable:)

Kazan Clark said...

om-goodness this is stunning. I cannot believe you have not played along with us before but boy are we happy you joined us! Thanks so much for playing Jennifer - see you next week *wink*
:) Kazan

Lea L. said...

Oh my goodness...this is just adorable! I love that stamp set! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

..tina.. said...

Adorable card! Great use of color & pattern :)

AUsome mom said...

VERY cute! I love everything about it! I'm a huge bee fan. Love those stamps!

Heidi Van Laar said...

I love this card...it's absolutely adorable! I have a particular fondness for those papers, bees, gingham and black scalloped frames. If you'd like to see what I'm talking about check out he card I created for this week's bonus sketch! Great minds! LOL!
vanlaardesigns.blogspot.com

(-: Heidi

rae said...

fabulous take on Kazan's sketch, love the stamps, and the BG Offbeat is perfect here!

Aussieleigh said...

Such a cute card - love the honey combing effect in the pattern papers!

Scrappin' T said...

Absolutely adorable!!!

Mrs J said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous Jennifer, love it! Such fun, bright colours and love the cute bees and sentiment.

Sarah

Pam said...

Wonderful! Fabulous! Amazing! Can you tell that I like your card?

Regan said...

yay Jen- card of the week!!!

Regan said...

yay Jen- card of the week!!!

lauren said...

HOLY MOLY--card of the week on your very first 2S4Y??!?! and no wonder, wouldja ♥LOOK♥ at that fabulous card?!

(ps: best. blog. title. EVER.) :) :) :)

Amy said...

This is an amazingly beautiful card and I can totally see why it made COTW!! Congrats!!

broni (waterchild12) said...

Congratulations on winning the 2S4U sketch of the week!!! Your card is absolutely fabulous!!!!

Eveline said...

What a sweet card. I love it.
Congrats on winning.
Eveline.

Cheryl Koskakura said...

Congrats on the win, your cards is adorable!
-Cher

Leontine said...

Jennifer, congratulations on you win!! It's a great card. Hugs, Leontine

Frida said...

Congrats to you Jenifer !!
Your card is FABULOUS !!

Caryn said...

Huge big congrats on winning this challenge. Just found your blog from 2SFY - will pluck up the courage to enter it myself one day. Love this and all your other cards - they are so striking and uplifting. Will be dropping on by regularly from now on methinks!!

Enjoy your prize,

Caryn xxx

rae said...

congrats on 2s4y card of the week!! well deserved :)

**Nancy** said...

This card is ADORABLE!!!! I love that stamp set!!!! Congratulations for winning this week at 2S4Y!!!

eunice said...

Congratulations on your winning card! It really is darling, and wow, so are all the rest of your cards you have posted here. Bookmarking your site so I can come and visit often!

soccerboyzmom said...

Hello Jenn,

I recognized your style, still fabulous after all these years. Congratulations on winning.

Come on over and visit us at
Scrappingcoast2coast
all your friends are there and bring your Mom

Karen