Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thanks teach----no patterned paper *gasp*!!


Here's a card I recently did for a publication call (but it wasn't selected---oh well!!). The challenge was to use baby blue, red and tan as the colours and houndstooth as the pattern. This is what I came up with. It was A LOT trickier than I thought to come up with something that met all the criteria!!

Since I was too lazy to try to find patterned paper that fit all the requirements I went with a cardstock only card (rare I know LOL!). I used stamps from the Kim Hughes' Making the Grade set and the Fine Houndstooth Scrapblock all from Cornish Heritage Farms.

Supplies:
Stamps: Kim Hughes Making the Grade by Cornish Heritage Farms, Fine Houndstooth Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms, Kim Hughes Tag You're It set by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Adironack Pitch Black, Staz On Blazing Red
Cardstock: Bazzill
Tools: Cuttlebug Houndstooth embossing folder, Nestabilities ovals, Fiskars threading water punch
Accessories:Autumn Leaves buttons, Copic Markers, Prismacolor pencils/Gamesol, Stickles, Doodlebug rubons

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I can't believe it didn't get chosen. This is just fantastic Jen!!