Monday, February 16, 2009

Kick up your heels, it's Mojo Monday!!


Another sketch blog that I stalk weekly is the "Mojo Monday" blog. If you haven't checked it out, you should because the sketches are FABULOUS and there is always tons of great inspiration.

For once I actually had time to play along (it's "Family Day" holiday in Ontario so I'm enjoying my day off in my craft room). This is my interpretation of sketch number 74.

I still had the Kim Hughes' February Stamp of the Month set (Happy Trails) sitting on my desk so I used it with some more Cosmo Cricket scraps. To add to the western theme of the card I used my sewing machine for stitching and some twine. The sentiment is from the Rummage Bin Shoe Boutique set.

I'm quite happy with how this card turned out.....YEEE HAAAW!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Kim Hughes Happy Trails (Feb. SOTM) from Cornish Heritage Farms, Rummage Bin Shoe Boutique (sentiment) from Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Adirondack Black, Staz On black
Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Accessories: Cosmo Cricket chipboard, Copic markers (for shading), twine
Technique: Machine Sewing, Paper piecing

6 comments:

Jenny said...

very nice card!!

Hugs,
Jenny in MAine

LIZZEE said...

adorable

Kelly said...

What an awesome card! I especially love the stiching on it - great touch.

Tracey said...

Love this card Jen!! Fantastic job with the sketch and I love that stamp set and your choice of pp!!

Rach said...

a wonderful card, great image and sentiment.. love the stitching a great touchxx

LeAnne said...

I agree! Yee Haw is right!
LeAnne