Saturday, February 21, 2009

Last chance for the Thomas Kinkade blitz!!


Here's the sample I created for the favourite way to colour challenge. All of the important details about today's challenges can be found in the TK forum here.

For this card I coloured my image using Pebbles Inc. chalks. I only recently started using chalks to colour my images and I am HOOKED. I love the soft look that using chalks gives. For this card I used some darker shades so the colours are more vibrant. I should also mention that colouring with chalks is FAST. It only took me about 5-10 minutes to colour my image. When I use pencils or markers it usually takes A LOT longer!!!

Today's tip: To "set" images that I colour with chalk I use aerosol hairspray (the cheap stuff from the dollar store!). The colour won't rub off once you set it and since it's for a card I'm not concerned with the archival quality of the sealant I use.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific
Ink: Versafine Sepia
Papers: Basic Grey
Accessories:Pebbles Inc. chalks (with pom pom applicators), Stickles, Book plate

1 comment:

HappyCrafter said...

Thanks for the idea of the hairspray to seal, I just tried using my old SU chalks (that have been gathering dust for many years) on a TK image today and was impressed at how quick it was but was worried about how to seal it, so this is really timely....think I even have some hairspray in the cupboard :-)