Friday, February 13, 2009

Simple and graphic


This card is a bit different that what I consider my "normal" style but I like the clean lines and the simplicity of this card and definitely will try more of this style in the future.

I combined papers from the Scenic Route Appleton line with Kim Hughes Making the Grade stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms.

Today's tip: Don't be afraid to stamp your images in different colour inks. As a scrapper turned stamper, I tend to use blacks and browns but have been trying to branch out a bit more. I started off buying basic colours (Adirondack Dye inks) and then adding more shades as I got more comfortable stamping with them. Try stamping your floral stamps in pinks or reds for example. It's a very easy way to add more pizazz to your designs without detailed colouring or cutting out!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Kim Hughes Making the Grade by Cornish Heritage Farms (stars, apple,books, sentiment, pencil)
Ink: Palette Noir, Adirondack Denim, Staz On Blazing Red
Patterned Paper: Scenic Route (grid), Scenic Route Appleton (red and ruler)
Accessories: Copic markers

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Love this Jen! Such a fun card!