Friday, February 20, 2009

Thomas Kinkade Blitz "Spotlight" Techique card


Just a reminder that Cornish Heritage Farms is having a Thomas Kinkade Blitz this weekend. You can find more details in this forum. Don't forget the more you play along, the more chances you have to WIN!

This is the sample card I created for the "Spotlight" technique challenge. This is actually the first time I've done this technique and I quite like the look it achieves.

First I stamped the image twice in Versafine Sepia ink. I cut out part of one of the images and coloured it with Copics and added a bit of Stickles for shimmer.

This is a great technique to highlight parts of more detailed stamps.

Don't forget that ALL Thomas Kinkade stamps are on sale for 10% off during the blitz.

I'll be back on Saturday with my sample from the "favourite ways to colour" challenge

Supplies:
Stamps: Thomas Kinkade The Rose Garden by Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink: Versafine Sepia

Papers: Basic Grey

Accessories: Nestabilities dies, Offray ribbon, Pin

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous Jen! The spotlight technique really shows off the card!

Mary said...

spotlight card came out gorgeous! I have nejoyed looking at aome o f your ather cards as well. Wow! Your coloring is wonderful.

Mary