Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ho ho gnome?!?!


A few posts ago, I shared a card I created with the Kim Hughes Forest Friendzy set and mentioned that I had another idea in mind for this set. Well here it is.

When I first stamped out the gnome it kind of reminded me of Santa Claus (except maybe the pointy ears LOL!) so I went with it. To make him look Santa-like I coloured him in Christmas tones (to match the Basic Grey Wassail paper) and then added a pom pom to his hat. I added a deer from the Christmas Critters set and made my own sentiment using the Playful Alphabet.

So what do you think? Does Mr. Gnome make a decent Santa?

Supplies:
Stamps: Kim Hughes Forest Friendzy by Cornish Heritage Farms, Kim Hughes Christmas Critters by Cornish Heritage Farms, Kim Hughes Playful Alphabet by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memories by Stewart Superior
Papers: Basic Grey
Accessories:Ribbon by Joann's Essentials, Stickles, Copic Markers, Fiskars punch

3 comments:

Tracey said...

I think Mr. Gnome makes an adorable Santa! Love this card!

liannallama said...

oh, this is adorable! I think he looks great!

cindy said...

I sent you blog link to a gel at work. her husband is into gnomes. Cute card.