Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So this card isn’t exactly mail-able but…..

I found these GORGEOUS paper flowers at a local dollar store (Dollerama for all you Canadian girls---12 in a pack for $1---whoot!!) and had to add them to my cart.

The flowers inspired me to create a wedding or engagement card and this simple card is what I came up with. I simply stamped the new Ornamental borders Scrapblock in light sage ink onto sage cardstock and mounted it on a standard A2 beige card base. I added a strip of lace, a sentiment and three of these beauty flowers and voila….. card complete.

You would definitely have to give this inside a box or cello bag because the flowers stick out about an inch but still it would be a beautiful card to display on a table.

Supplies:
Stamps: Ornamental Borders Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms, Mona Lisa Moments Wedding Centers by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Adirondack Lake Mist, Versafine black
Cardstock: Prism (beige), Bazzill (green)
Accessories: Paper flowers (Dollerama)

6 comments:

Julie Campbell said...

Wow! This turned out SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!

tina werner said...

simply beautiful jen! i have also bought flowers from dollarama, they are fab!!!

Holly A said...

This is just gorgeous, Jen! GORGEOUS! I love it. I'll be heading to Dollarama to try to find these tonight! Thanks for the tip. :-}

Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you at Scrapfest. We'll have to try to get together soon.

Tracey said...

It may not be mailable but it certainly is gorgeous!!

Lesley Langdon said...

It's so beautiful - who cares if you can't get it in the mail, we live close enough!

Cathy said...

Beautiful!! I seriously don't think I could live without Dollarama!