Sunday, May 24, 2009

We Remember

May's Rummage Bin release at Cornish Heritage Farms is a wonderful vintage war themed set called "We Remember" that was designed by the talented Lisa Silver.

The coolest thing about this stamp set is that there are stories and memories behind the design of this set. You can read more about the background on Lisa's blog.

Today I'll share with you two cards I made using this set. For the first card I used the image of the soldiers and stamped "Missing You" on the inside.


For the second card I found a Remembrance day poppy in my junk drawer and used it in my design. For those of you who don't know---in Canada the Veterans sell red velvet poppies as a symbol of remembrance. I thought it would be perfect to use as an embellishment on my card.

Supplies:
Ink: Versafine Black
Paper: Autumn Leaves
Accessories: Autumn Leaves Ribbon, Fancy Pants pin, Prisma Color pencil for shading

Stamps: Rummage Bin We Remember by Cornish Heritage Farms, French Script backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Versafine Black, Adirondack Slate Grey by Ranger
Paper: Coredinations cardstock, Georgia Pacific cardstock, Bazzill cardstock
Accessories: Making memories brad, Cuttlebug embossing folder

1 comment:

Liz said...

Wow Jennifer Amazing cards.. Hope all is well. I haven't been doing to muchblog hopping lately.. Hugs
I spent a while looking at your wonderful creations that bring a smile to my face