Monday, July 6, 2009

Will it be you? Week two challenge starts today!



The Summer Stamping Star challenge is in full swing over at Cornish Heritage Farms and WOW, everybody rocked the colouring challenge!

This week's challenge is one of my personal favourite techniques: paper piecing.

I thought I'd post a few of my favourite cards that I've made using this style as examples. One cool little tip I have to share which I have mentioned in the past is to use a white gel pen to colour the eyes when you are paper piecing. It saves a ton of time and looks pretty good when you're done (if I do say so myself).




This week's entries need to be uploaded to the CHF gallery under the week two challenge by next Monday!

I'll be back with some new projects shortly!

5 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Hi Jen!
Oh I love that 'white eyes' trick!!!
Thanks for the tutorial/ideas!!!

Love these cards, and that third one (grin and bear it) is awesome!!!!

(so glad coloring is over...)

Liz said...

Gorgeous as always

Regan said...

gasp!! so fantastic

One4Joy said...

what fun cards, love the fishy one! And thanks for the tip

Linda Beeson said...

Totally adorable! I just love the little trees on the last one.