Friday, January 29, 2010

Bellarific Birthday Friday

This week's theme for Bellarific Friday on  the Stamping Bella blog was "Birthday" so I decided to get my Partygirlabella stamp inky (it's been brand new in the package for years I think).  In fact I didn't even know I owned this stamp until I was looking through my Bella stamps to determine what stamp I wanted to use!! (insert embarrased smilie here).

I coloured the image using Copic markers.  I first selected my paper (Scenic Route) and then picked my markers to match the bright colours in the paper.  Usually I work the other way around.  I usually colour my images and then try to figure out what I have in my stash to match them up with.  Because this image is large and I didn't want this giant white mat on my card I decided to cut around her and then mount onto a piece of cardstock that I embossed with my Cuttlebug.

Here's my tip of the day:  The "Let's Party" on the sticker that I used for the sentiment wasn't quite bright enough for the embossed cardstock so I took a bright green Copic Marker and coloured in the words.  Now it's a much closer match and a great way to customize your embellishments.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Stamp:  Partygirlabella from Stamping Bella
Paper:  Georgia Pacific cardstock, Scenic Route, Bazzill green cardstock
Ink:  Memento black
Accessories:  Cuttlebug embossing folder, Fiskars Apron lace punch, Scenic route sticker, Copic markers

1 comment:

Tracey said...

This is awesome Jen! I love it!!