Friday, January 22, 2010

Bellarific Friday: Twinchie challenge



This week's Stamping Bella blog challenge was "Twinchies".  Just in case you haven't heard the term before it refers to a two inch by two inch "canvas" on which to create.  For my card I decided to stamp four different Ketto stamps onto each of four "twinchies".  Because of the size, my card layout was limited so I opted for a square card (I think it's 5.5" x 5.5"---I don't have a ruler handy!!) with my stamped panels in the center.

I have a bit of a secret to share....I wasn't too happy with how some of colours (of Copic markers) matched the papers I selected.  I normally colour my images first and then pick papers etc. but in this case I had to chose my patterned paper first so that I could match four images to it.  In order to cover up my screw ups disguise how some of the colours matched I simply added some Crystal Stickles over the colours I didn't like.  Then I just added more Stickles to the other images as accents.  So I guess my designer tip of the day is that glitter can be your friend LOL!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Anise Ketto, Maisy Ketto, Ginger Ketto, Wasabi Ketto, sentiment from Billboardabella set all from Stamping  Bella
Ink:  Memento Black
Papers:  Georgia Pacific, K and Company Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse collection
Accessories: K and Co. die cuts, Copic markers, Stickles

2 comments:

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Jen!! Love the Kettos.

Consuela Dekkers said...

What a great card...
Love the colors...

*Hugs* C.