Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cupcakes make everything better!

As I mentioned below on the balloon card I posted I bought some Verve Stamps a while ago (like we're talking MONTHS and MONTHS) and pulled them out recently to play with. 

This week over at Splitcoaststampers, Verve has posted a few challenges in thier Member board as a prelude to their release party this Friday night.  I've been working on the challenges this week and this is the card I created based on the sketch challenge.





I flipped the sketch to the right and then took a bit of creative licence with the placement and size of the scalloped square but I love how it turned out.  This card uses the Cupcake Affair set from Verve Stamps and scraps of American Crafts Letterbox paper that I have sitting on my table. 

Just as an aside, you'll probably notice that I've been using the same papers on a number of my cards.  Well I have two excuses....first of all I'm trying to keep my scraps to a minimum and secondly I'm currently crafting at my kitchen table while my daughter has her naps in her play yard.  Our upstairs is a lot cooler during the winter so Alyssa and I spend our days on the main floor.  I'll try to mix up the posts so you don't get bored of the same papers LOL!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve Cupcake Affair set
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Georgia Pacific, American Crafts Letterbox
Accessories:  Maya Road pin, Offray ribbon, Stickles, Copic markers

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Super cute!!
I love the way you tied the ribbons!!

Ippity said...

Mmm...yummyness!