Monday, January 4, 2010

Getting Sketchy (#19)


Over the past several months I've discovered several new card sketch blogs that I'll definitely be playing along with this year.

This card is based on Sketch #19 from Get Sketchy. This is a rare cardstock only card from me but look how AMAZING a paper you can create with the Swirling Snowflake backgrounder stamp (Cornish Heritage Farms). I heat embossed in white powder on both the blue and burgandy cardstock to make my own paper. The card was then embellished with a poinsettia/snowflake and some printed ribbon with the sentiment on it.

Supplies:
Stamps: Swirling Snowflakes Backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Versamark (for heat embossing)
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Bazzill (blue and Burgandy)
Accessories: Silk Poinsettia basic craft supplies, Making Memories felt snowflake, Bazzill pom pom trim, May Arts ribbon.

8 comments:

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Jen! I love it!

Andria said...

Such a refreshing and unique card.

Dora said...

WOW I love your take on the sketch!
Thanks for playing!

JeanFB said...

This card is just stunning - love it!

~amy~ said...

Okay, I love, love, love this...I'm smitten with the red/blue combo...excellent job!

Thanks for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

Angèle said...

LOVE this X-mas card! Love the color combo!

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! The embossing is amazing! Great job with Get Sketchy 19!!

♥Lea

Ruby said...

Love your card, especially the little pom poms!