Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hey Chick!



I love to make shaped cards, so when I pulled out my Sweet Spring stamp set (Cornish Heritage Farms) and saw the chick stamps, an egg shape came to mind.

To make the egg shaped card, I found an Easter egg colouring book sheet on the internet, printed it out to the size I wanted and cut it out.  Then I folded a piece of cardstock in half and placed the egg template overlapping the folded edge to leave a few inches of fold on the left hand side.  I then used the same template to cut out the entire egg out of distressed Basic Grey cardstock and adhere it on top of the card base.  To make the card stand I trimmed a small portion of the card off the bottom. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Kim Hughes On the Farm (Sentiment) from Cornish Heritage Farms, Kim Hughes Sweet Spring from Cornish Heritage Farms
Papers: Basic Grey Lemonade collection
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific
Accessories: Martha Stewart border punch, Offray Ribbon, Maya Road pins, Stickles, Copic markers

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh my heck! This is so super cute!!!

Kate's Life said...

Beautiful card Jenn! Love that border punch!!!