Thursday, January 14, 2010

A wintery hello



Like most Canadians, I was raised on the ice----I've been ice skating since I was about two years old and even taught pre-school skating a few years ago. 

As soon as I saw this skate stamp from the Shady Tree Studio line at Cornish Heritage Farms, I knew it would find it's way into my shopping cart. 

On this card, there is no patterned paper (I seem to be doing a lot more of that these days!!).  I used the Swirling Snowflake backgrounder stamp and heat embossed with glittery embossing powder.  I did a bunch of distressing on the card and added a strip of Cuttlebug embossed cardstock. 

Thanks for looking!!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Swirling Snowflakes backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms, Shady Tree Studios Skate Scene by Cornish Heritage Farms, Kim Hughes' scripty words by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Versamark (for embossing)
Paper:  Bazzill cardstock, DCWV cardstock, Georgia Pacific Cardstock
Accessories:  Clear glitter embossing powder, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Prima flower, Making Memories brad, Spellbinders snowflake die, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Copic markers, Stickles, Fiskars border punch

3 comments:

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Jen! I love it!

Ida P. Krause said...

Wonderful wintery card. Love your color choices.

JeanFB said...

Love it! So sparkly and frosty!