Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Make a Wish; Thomas Kinkade style


Today I'd like to share a Thomas Kinkade card that I finished off last week.  It's been a while since I coloured one of these art-like images, but I must say that I'm pretty darn proud of how the colouring turned out.  Most of the image was coloured using Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamesol but I did use some Copic markers for the sky and some of the greens for the trees.

I know you're probably thinking "Wow, that must have taken forever".  Well, it does BUT, with these large detailed images I usually don't sit down and colour them all at once---I find it too overwheming.  I'll just leave the image on my desk and colour parts of it when I get the chance---one day I might colour the house and then later on the walkway and well etc. etc.  The actual colouring itself is not really that difficult in my opinion.  I usually just take a lot of time to pick my colours rather than the actual act of colouring itself.

If you ever get a chance to try one of these beautiful images, give it a try!! 

Supplies:
Stamp: Thomas Kinkade Make a Wish Cottage by Cornish Heritage Farms, Mona Lisa Moments Birthday Centers by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memento black
Paper: Prism Simply Smooth cardstock, Basic Grey Origins paper
Accessories: Basic Grey chipboard, Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, Sewing machine

2 comments:

Sue said...

wow that is beautiful i hope your going to put it on the wall?? i luv his paintings, stunning creation you have made, sue.x

Kim said...

That is gorgeous! Wow, a complete work of art!