Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cardabilities is HERE!!

It's April 15th which means it's reveal day over at the new Cardabilities sketch blog!!  Karan's card sketches are just awesome, so you'll probably want to swing on over and check out the first sketch and the designer's work. 

This is the card I created based on the sketch.  Due to the size and orientation of my image, I turned the image on it's side so I could add some ribbon and embellishments.  I used one of my new Stampavie images (Being Together by Gillian Roberts) and paper pieced the image with Basic Grey Kioshi.  The remainder of the image was coloured with my Copic markers. I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of the colour purple, but I'm happy with how this card turned out!!

Supplies:
Stamp: Gillian Roberts "Being Together" by Stampavie
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Prism Simply Smooth cardstock, Basic Grey Kioshi paper, Bazzill cardstock
Accessories: Copic Markers Prima flower, Michaels spool ribbon, Martha Stewart punch, Spellbinders Nestabilites, Quickutz rub on sentiment, decorative pin (sewing supplies)
Techniques: Inking, paper piecing

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Gorgeous, Jennifer! just love how you twisted the sketch side-ways! Great idea! Hugs, Nicole

April said...

This is awesome! The purple looks amazing...
- April

Liz Weber said...

Hi Jennifer, loving this elegant card you have made using the sketch.

Gorgeous image, beautifully coloured and I just love all the pretty embellishments!

Karan said...

beautiful card jennifor, i love the colours, the stamped image is simply adorable..

Quirky said...

I love the stamped image... it's so sweet ;)
Love how you added the scalloped lace at the bottom & the colours are just delish!! :)

Scrap~tures said...

Such a happy happy card! Very nice.

BrandiLynn said...

How adorable is that!!!!

Jen said...

love this image!! so cute! great flower and stick pin...great detail!!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Oh Jennifer, this is truly adorable, I love the stamped image and all the details surrounding. I also love how you've turned the sketch, I forget we can do that. :)

BonnieRose said...

fabulous card!!!

Rhonda V. said...

This is just awesome!!! Love your paper piecing and totally love the Kioshi! I need to get some of that!!!

You did a beautiful job on this and the color purple loves it too!! (they told me!)

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute, Jennifer! I love her paper piecing clothes!

Lesley said...

What a gorgeous card, I love all the little details!