Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Have a Scien-tastic day!!

Most of you probably don't know that in my "real" life (as opposed to my crafty one) I'm a total science geek!  I've loved science since I was a wee lass and I have my Bachelor's degree in Biology.  I started my career by working in labs in the environmental field and then moved into pharmaceuticals.

Anyways, one day while I was blog surfing I saw a stamp set that I *HAD* to get:  Chemistry by There She Goes stamps.  Luckily I have a bunch of science geek friends so I knew I'd be able to use this set for birthdays etc.

Here's the first card I made with my new set---it's a birthday card for one of my fellow geeks LOL!.  I used this week's sketch on the There She Goes blog and paired it with my new Nerdy Bird papers from Sassafras.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Chemistry by There She Goes Stamps, Chem. 101 (sentiment) by There She Goes Stamps
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black
Papers:  Sassafras Lass Nerdy Bird
Accessories:  Offray Ribbon, Copic markers, Stampin' Up Notebook punch

4 comments:

Silvergirl said...

I love this image!! I think I'll be running out to get it... love chemistry! And the bold colors are so fun!

hugs,
lise

Ayana Posadas said...

I love the bright and vibrant colors on this card! Very cute! And the image is adorable! :)

Beate said...

Oh...how cute is that? I LOVE it!
Hugs and smiles

Joanne said...

You have a beautiful blog and beautiful cards and layouts! Thanks for your kind comment on my i.love.sketches blog!