Wednesday, April 21, 2010

That was then, this is now

Cornish Heritage Farms just released a new "Life" Scrapblock last week.  If you're not familiar with the Scrapblocks, they are 6 x 6 sheets of rubbery goodness that are perfect for both scrapbooking and card making.  I like to use the Scrapblocks to either create my own patterned paper or to add accents to paper on my scrapbook designs.


Here's a layout I created with the latest release.  First I stamped the scrapblock onto the background paper in a dusty rose (see close up) and then I stamped the same scrapblock in darker rose and framed it with the 6 x 6 Bracket Scrapblock.  Most of the supplies for this layout are from a Melissa Frances breast cancer page kit.



Tip:  I needed to introduce more dark rose to this layout to balance the bracket so I inked some plain white lace trim with the same dark ink I used on the paper.

Be sure to stop by the Life Scrapblock gallery for some more samples by the design team.

Supplies:
Stamps: Life Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms, Bracket Block Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink-Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose
Paper: Melissa Frances
Accessories: Breast cancer embellishments by Melissa Frances, velvet ribbon by Melissa Frances, Stickles, Prima flowers, white lace (coloured with distress ink), MLS letter stickers, Martha Stewart punch
Techniques: inking, distressing, sewing

3 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW! What an incredible layout Jen!! This is stunning!

Lydia said...

Wow I really love the spritzed lace, so pretty!

tina werner said...

stunning layout jen!