Monday, April 5, 2010

Verve Vintage Balloons

This is a card I made a while ago using the Up and Away set from Verve Stamps.  I opted to try a vintage look for this card and I used some Making  Memories papers and lots of distress ink.   To add a bit more interest to the card I added some chipboard letters instead of just stamping the sentiment. 

Design tip:  when you create a card look at the patterned paper to see if there is any interesting paper that does the work for you.  The paper on this card is just one layer.  I cut the paper so that the music motif was at the bottom and I think it looks sort of like the ground.  You can save yourself from layering just by making the paper work for you!!


Supplies:
Stamps: Up Up and Away by Verve Stamps
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black, brown distress ink
Paper:  Making Memories
Accessories:  Colorbok "&", Making Memories mini letters, Copic markers, American Crafts chipboard letters

1 comment:

BonnieRose said...

ohmy.. such a beautiful card.. I love this!