Monday, June 14, 2010

Hip Hop..it's the 12 Weeks of Summer Fling Thomas Kinkade week

Welcome to your last stop on week 2 of the Cornish Heritage Farms 12 Weeks of Summer Fling blog hop!  This week we are featuring Thomas Kinkade products which can be found for 25% until Thursday June 17th.  If you just happened to visit my blog today, head on over to the CHF Farm Fresh blog for more details and join in the fun for your chance to win a CHF Gift Certificate!

Even if you're not a colourer (if that's a word LOL!) many of the Kinkade stamps look amazing just stamped in coloured ink and made into projects.  For my project I used the Guardian Castle stamp and stamped it in Versafine Sepia ink onto a sheet of Basic Grey distressed paper.  Then I created a wedding themed card using papers and embellishments from the Basic Grey Capella line.

If you would like to see more of my Thomas Kinkade creations click here and don't forget to leave a comment on this post for your chance to win some CHF gift certificates.




Supplies:
Stamp:  Thomas Kinkade Guardian Castle by Cornish Heritage Farms, Mona Lisa Moments Wedding Centers by Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper:  Basic Grey Capella, Bazzill cardstock
Ink:  Versafine Sepia, Staz On Timber Brown
Accessories:  Basic Grey Capella chipboard stickers and die cut journalling box, Prima pearls, K and Co. pearl brads, Prima flowers

Finally, don't forget to create a card using a Thomas Kinkade stamp and upload it to the CHF special gallery for the week.  You will be eligible for the Design Team’s Favorite prize which will be a rubber stamp/stamp set of your choice up to the value of $16.99. The deadline for uploading cards for the prize is Thursday June 17th at midnight.

25 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love all those layers! Beautiful card Jen!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Very nice! I am not a colorer! I appreciate this gorgeous card very much:)

Aimee said...

so pretty... the castle makes me want to read a story with a princesss in it...

stampqueen said...

Beautiful - love the flowers with the brads and ect. for centers, matches perfectly!!

leenda said...

Gorgeous! Truly creative & inspirational!

JKB said...

Wow, that's all I can say. Gorgeous!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely use of the image in brown and the embellies are gorgeous!

Ellen said...

as I'm hopeless at colouring this one is very much to my taste.
( I had not even seen that particular stamp in the shop)
great one for new home- weddings and kids cards.

beautiful card

Dani said...

This is so lovely! Looks straight out of a fairy tale...

Sandra said...

great job! Love the look!
Sandra

RubyM said...

Gorgeous card. All the colours go beautifully.

Leah said...

Gasp! SO gorgeous, love the muted colors and all the extra details you added...so perfect for a wedding card.

Susan S. said...

Lovely card - it's a gift in itself!

Tanja said...

Lovely card, a little different to the rest of the bloggers, great originality!

Melissa said...

I love the vintage feel that the sepia ink and all of the other elements give to this card. Lovely! Thank you to you and all of the other ladies for sharing your gorgeous works with us.

sharon d said...

Lovely card. I love the simplicity of one ink color, it's so pretty.

SherylH said...

Wonderful card -- like how the stamped image and background papers compliment each other.

Mickie said...

Oh WOW, that is gorgeous.

annesatx said...

Lovely card - I like the fact that you didn't color the image but let it stand on its own. It's a wonderful reminder that one doesn't need to color the images to have a beautiful card.

Mary (Happy Now) said...

I am not a colorer -- LOVE this castle! Great card!

Emilia said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Trudi said...

I want to try my Christmas TK stamps now!!! After hopping the blogs...inspiration has struck! I really like this card...Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

Love all your layers, and thanks for showing a monochromatic image - makes me feel less intimidated by these stamps!

kathy/North Carolina said...

I literally gasped when I saw this gorgeous card. I love how you framed the image. Beautiful! kwclement@hotmail.com

Cynthia said...

Love the dp combo with this image!