Monday, June 21, 2010

When life gives you wrinkles.....CHF Week #3 Summer Fling

Welcome to week #3 of the Cornish Heritage Farms Summer Fling.  You should be joining me from Joannes blog.

This week we are featuring stamps from the "All Things Considered" (ATC) collection.  Of course these stamps are a perfect scale for ATC cards but are fantastic on regular cards too.  All stamps in the collection are on sale for 25% off until Thursday!!  Don't forget to start at the CHF Farm Fresh blog and comment along the way for your chance to win some CHF gift certificates.

Here's a card I created using the Domestic Love set.  This vintage inspired set has some wonderful vintage images and lots of pun-y sentiments.  Here I used the iron image with a sentiment about wrinkles---how perfect!  Papers are from the October Afternoon Thrift Shop collection and I jumped on the doily bandwagon and used a paper doily from the cake decorating section at Michaels (you get THIRTY doilies in a package for a few dollars---they are by Wilton and far more economical than the other doilies I'm seeing out there).


































Supplies:
Stamps: All Things Considered Domestic Love by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black
Paper: October Afternoon
Accessories: Copic markers (shading), Wilton doily, buttons, Martha Stewart punch

For your chance to win a CHF stamp set of your choice (up to $16.99 value) create a card using a CHF All Things Considered set and upload it to the Summer Fling gallery.

Next stop is LISA's blog!

31 comments:

the primitive country bug said...

Love your vintage / retro card! Great layering of patterned papers and the addition of the doily is a perfect touch! I struggle with mixing patterned papers but your card has inspired me to try again.
Blessings to you~ Birgit

Leah said...

Fabulous card! Love all the layers and the doily is such a pretty touch.

Suzanne C said...

Love that Thrift paper and what a beautiful card! Fab design!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Great sentiment. Love that doily in there.

Lillian Child said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!

Julia Aston said...

Love this vintage card! what a fun image/sentiment!! I'm off to purchase this fun set!!

Sandra said...

WOW! Great colors - nice job!
Sandra

Erika said...

Love the colors and way the paper is layered. Nice job!!!

Becky Thomas said...

Awesome card! I'm not sure if I could pull off the slanted paper (still somewhat new to card making) but your card makes me want to try it!

Ellen said...

love the vintage patterned papers you used and a great sentiment

Lesley Langdon said...

So cute Jen! So much to look at, all the texture!

Sid said...

What a superb creation !!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card - such cheery colors!!!!

annesatx said...

Cute card! I had skimmed over this set pretty quickly but I think that was a mistake, as it has some fun images and funnier sentiments! Thanks for sharing such a clever card.

Christine said...

Beautiful! That stamp is perfect for the DP and the doily is the perfect touch!

Blessings,
Christine

SherylH said...

Great card design -- the iron looks great with the vintage designer paper and doily.

sharon d said...

Adorable card. The iron stamp is perfect for the papers & vintage feel of the card...

Bonnie said...

Adorable card. I'm subscribing to your blog !!

JKB said...

Love the retro look of your card. FUN!!!

Janice said...

Having just done my ironing after my vacation, I can appreciate the sentiment! Lovely card.

RubyM said...

Love this card.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh my gosh that set is perfect with the OA papers! Super cute!!!

kathy/North Carolina said...

I love this card! I'm a fan of a good pun, or even a bad one. The vintage/shabby chic look of this card is so appealing. Love the color palette, too!

jpod Inc. said...

Love love love the vintage vibe on this card and what a cute sentiment with the vintage iron! Going to buy this right now")

Cheryl said...

Love the color combo on this card - and the doily! It's amazing what you can find to use on cards when you wander out of the papercrafting aisle!

Jennifer Scull said...

this is wonderful! I love everything about it! super cute!

Anonymous said...

What fun. I thought irons were for door stops though! Thanks for sharing. Love that lace.

Chris R. from Iowa

shetree said...

I love the lace circle! So beautiful!

Beury said...

love the pun-y setiment, got to use that a card! and your card is gorgeous

The Paper Princess said...

Great card - glad you changed your mind! :-)

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Tasha said...

Very cute, and I love that sentiment!!