Thursday, July 29, 2010

Feeling a bit Krafty with 2S4Y (sketch 57)

I finally got around to trying out a new technique that has been on my "to do" list for a while:  colouring with Copics on non-white/cream cardstock.  I used some Gina K Pure Luxury kraft cardstock, stamped the image onto it with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and then coloured directly onto the cardstock.    Colouring directly onto the kraft gives such a different effect but I just *LOVE* the way it turned out!!  The chalkboard was paper pieced with black cardstock and the sentiment stamped in white ink.

Oh and I managed to squeeze two challenges out of this card......I used this week's 2 Sketches 4 You sketch AND used some ruffled ribbon for this week's MFT Wednesday Stamp Club challenge over on Splitcoaststampers.



Supplies:
Stamps: Pure Innocence You Make the Grade by My Favorite Things stamps
Ink: Joann Essentials white pigment ink, Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper: K and Co, Coredinations, The Paper Company, Gina K Designs Pire Luxury Kraft cardstock, Bazzill
Accessories:  Copic Markers, ruffle ribbon (Fabricland), white Signo pen, Prima flowers, wood button, Quickutz apple embossing folder, Spellbinders dies, Making Memories sanding block

6 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! LOVE the pink apples and the sentiment and the blackboard and the ADORABLE little girl! SUPER CUTE!

Kelly said...

ahhhh, completely adorable!

Laura Davis said...

Oh my this is tooooo CUTE!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Lesley Langdon said...

Jen - I love this!!! So cute! I like how you're taking 2 pics now too - so we can see the dimension!

Julie Campbell said...

Oooh! I am in LOVE with this card! I love the coloring on kraft! SO cool! And... that Core'dinations paper is just perfect with your card!

Linda Beeson said...

Wowie on your adorable card but I have to say that I LOVE that apple embossing on the Core'dinations.