Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fun in the Sun --- Embellish Magazine colour challenge

In the hours and hours and hours time I spend blog surfing I've noticed that there are lots and lots  of wonderful colour challenge blogs/web sites out there.  Since I had some time to work on some cards this week, I gave the Embellish Magazine Ric Rac color challenge a go----my first ever color challenge.

The colours for the current challenge were turquoise, brown, kraft and orange.  My first step was to gather some papers meeting the colour criteria.  I happened to have some October Afternoon paper sitting on my floor desk and I was able to pull out some patterned papers matching the color scheme. 

I purchased this cute new Pure Innocence "Beach Bum" stamp set recently and thought she would be perfect with these colours.  I used my Mom's Friendly Critters Cricut cartridge to cut out the sand castle and pieced the rest of the card with papers.  I added my strip of ric rac across the bottom and voila.....all done!!  It was definitely fun to start with a colour palette for something different----I'll definitely be giving this a go again soon!!


Supplies:
Stamps:  Pure Innocence Beach Bum set from My Favorite Things
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Papers:  October Afternoon, The Paper Company, Prism Simply Smooth cardstock, Colorbok
Accessories:  Ric Rac (Lens Mill Store), Copic markers, Cricut "Friendly Critters" Cartridge, Fiskars Threading water punch

4 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

So pretty! That sandcastle goes well with the image.

Kerry J. said...

This is absolutely adorable Jen! Love it! Especially your sandcastle and ric rac ....swoon!

Maile Belles said...

Too cute! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is such a fun design! Thanks so much for taking on an Embellish challenge.